Sermon: “Let’s Go to Bethlehem & Find: ‘The Faith of Christmas'”
The 10 Commandments for Christmas:
- Thou shalt prepare early.
- Thou shalt keep Christ at the center of Christmas.
- Thou shalt make Christmas a family time with God.
- Thou shalt remember those less fortunate.
- Thou shalt give thyself with every gift.
- Thou shalt learn to be a good receiver.
- Thou shalt put music into Christmas.
- Thou shalt slow down, not speed up.
- Thou shalt remember to worship.
- Thou shalt receive Christ into thy life.
Fact: Sometimes we get so caught up in the family & busyness of Christmas that we miss the message and meaning, and our priorities get mixed up.
When we go over to Bethlehem:
1. We see the faith that is happening there.
- We see Christmas Faith; Jesus is born
- We see the “Good News” of God’s salvation plan.
- We see that we are not alone in this life; God is with us.
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. –John 3:16
2. We see the hope that is happening there.
- Christ came to bring hope.
- We see the “Good News” of God’s ultimate victory.
3. We find the love that is happening there.
- Love is the most powerful force in the world.
- Jesus is God’s love in human form for us.
- “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” –I Corinthians 13:13
Advent is the process of preparing for the miracles of Christmas:
- The Miracle of Faith.
- The Miracle of Hope.
- The Miracle of Love.