Sermon: 2010-2011: Past, Present & Future
Many of us have made New Years resolutions and hopefully they’re not broken already. Though perhaps the resolution all Christians need to make this year is:
Will we study God’s Word faithfully and consistently in order to firmly understand what God calls us to be & do in 2011?
Scripture: Ephesians 3:1-13
“2010-2011: Past, Present, & Future”
Paul’s Outline of Understanding the Mystery of Christ
- All share God’s promise of salvation and grace. (Ephesians 3:6)
- We serve God by His grace, not by our strength. (Ephesians 3:7)
- God’s intent was always for the church to lead people to understand His wisdom. (Ephesians 3:10)
- Only by faith in God can we truly approach and have a relationship with Him. (Ephesians 3:12)
- Do not be discouraged with suffering as it often glorifies God by how we handle the suffering.
Do we live what we say we believe in good times & bad? (Ephesians 3:13)
Let’s look at 2010 & see how the church, and we as individuals, understood the mysteries of Christ.
What have we done to proclaim the “Good News” in 2010?
- Diggers Bible Study.
- VBS/CLC/Sunday School/Youth/Sunday Worship Services.
- Jail Ministry.
- Community events and dinners.
- Counseling, Discipling Mentoring, Training & Teaching.
- Prayer Time (public & private). Are we praying for others?
- Generous giving to the Church / God’s Kingdom.
- Evangelism: Inviting others to church. Hear the “Good News!”
- Missions: Local & World.
- Benevolence: Visiting others (Hospital, elderly, help projects, helping the needy).
- Stewardship: Ways to honor God’s resources given to His people.
- Seeking the lost & needy for salvation.
- Defender of the Faith: Deacons, LMC, CMC, teachers, trainers.
- Witnessing to others.
- Praise Team, Worship Leaders.
- Financial planning, vision, mission direction, suggestions.
- Encouragement for others (Support Lay & Pastoral).
What has been your part in these ministries in 2010?
What can or will happen in 2011?
- Guitars for God.
- CLC Afternoon Mentoring.
- CLC night meals for kids.
- Improvement / Growth in all ministry programs (inside & outside church).
- Getting into the community more (lost/needy).
- Making Disciples for Jesus (Great Commission).
1. Welcoming & Inviting
2. Non Judgmental – Training, Teaching, Support.
3. Scar Ministry
4. Biblical based training/sermons/study
5. Opportunities to Serve
6. Glorify God with our transformed lives!
How will you respond in 2011?