Sermon: “Christian Atheist: Do We Really Believe in God?” Part IV: “Crossing the Third Line”
Today, we will investigate what tragically happens when Christian Atheists continue not to live like Christians.
Scripture: Matthew 16:25-26
Christian Atheist: Do We Really Believe in God?
Part IV: Crossing the Third Line.
1) You Believe in God but don’t share your faith.
- Hesitant witness (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Endless suffering (Matthew 5:29).
- Always be ready (1 Peter 3:15-16).
- Invite someone to church (John 4:28-30).
- Share your faith story (John 9:25).
- Be bold in the truth (Acts 2:38-40).
2) You believe in God but not in His church.
- Church isn’t for me.
- Don’t go to church; be the church (Matthew 22:36-40).
- Extreme church (Acts 2:42).
- A place to belong (Romans 12:5).
- A place to believe (Romans 10:17).
- Church at its best (Matthew 16:18).
- A church is full of broken people (Acts 4:13).
Today, wherever we are in our Christian journey, let us all strive to truly become “Recovering Christian Atheists”. Let us put Christ first in our lives, love our neighbor as ourselves, and be aware that true faith is not some “glorified verbal theory”, but true faith is full of action and fruit! As we become obedient to His word, will, and way and become “action-filled” with the Great Commission in our hearts we will be transformed in steps from a “Christian Atheist” to a “Recovering Christian Atheist” to a true Christian fully immersed in Jesus Christ our Lord. We will become the people God has called us to be.