Sermon: “Not Even A Hint”
Scripture: Ephesians 5:1-7
“Not Even A Hint”
Superintendent Mark Adam’s Formula for “Growth Evangelism”:
Contact (community) + Conversation (relationship development) + Invitation = Conversion
Seven Essentials of Discipleship for the Modern Day Church:
- Salvation + Assurance: Do I believe / know I’m saved?
- Transformation: A new life in Christ.
- The Bible: The manual for us following God / Christ.
- Prayer: Conversation with God / Christ.
- Fellowship: Christian community.
- Witness: Our story to bring others to Christ.
- Service: Service towards others in love for Christ.
When “Growth Evangelism” combines with the “Seven Essentials of Discipleship”, amazing converstions & transformations occur. The lost are brought home to the Lord!
Ephesians 5:1-7 warns what kind of spirit we must have to make this all happen. What kind of spirit must we have to bring the lost home to Jesus?
Simple Eternal Principle: Either society is transformed to become more like us, or eventually society will transform us to be more like it. Which do you think is happening today?
We cannot allow even a hint of impurity; we must always be the light in this world of darkness. As we glow in Christ the lost will be brought home and discipled into sanctification by God’s people. This is our task!