Sermon: “‘You Brood of Vipers!’ – Can You Feel The Love?”
Scripture Reading: Luke 3:7-18
“You Brood of Vipers – Can You Feel the Love?”
We must keep God’s word alive as we speak and live the truth!
1) Brood of Vipers – Can you feel the love?
2) Fruit is required with repentance.
3) Only faith in Jesus saves not being one of Abraham’s children.
4) The axe is already at the root of the tree ready to cut it down.
5) Every tree that doesn’t or can’t produce good fruit will be cut down and cast into the fire.
6) The people ask, “What shall we do?”
a) Share with the needy all that you have.
b) Don’t rip people off!
c) Don’t extort money out of fear; be content with your pay and what you have.
7) The Christ is coming and John is worthy to tie his sandals. John baptizes with water, but Jesus baptizes with both water and fire. God’s plan & story is both wrath and forgiveness. We are called to teach the whole truth which is both sides of the story! There is a heaven and there surely is a hell!
8 ) Jesus has his willowing fork and he is separating the wheat from the chaff. The wheat is put into the barn while the chaff is burned.