Sermon: “I Will Show You What It Is to Be Wise or Foolish”
Scripture: Luke 6:46-49
“I Will Show You What It Is to Be Wise or Foolish”
1) Why would anyone call Jesus Lord and then not do what He says? If He’s our Lord we must be obedient.
2) Jesus shows us clearly what happens when we hear God’s word and practice it. We follow His plan for us in faith and obedience.
3) Jesus also shows us what happens when we hear God’s word but refuse to obey.
4) James 1:22 supports and reinforces what Jesus teaches in Luke. James challenges us to listen and be obedient to God’s word and plan.
5) How are we doing in our obedience?
a) Are we shining examples of God’s love?
b) Are we aligned with the Lord?
c) Are we raising our children in a Christian home with Christian values?
d) Are we following God’s plan for our lives or our plan for our lives?
Proverbs 14:1 – Today’s Mothers must be their families’ strength!