Sermon: “One Day, Two Miracles”
Scripture: Luke 8:40-56
- Jairus’s daughter is dying. Jairus asks Jesus for help (Luke 8:40-42).
- Jesus goes to heal Jairus’s daughter (Luke 8:43).
- Woman with twelve years of bleeding sickness crawls through the crowd to touch the edge of Jesus’ robe believing she would be healed (Luke 8:42-44).
- Jesus recognized her touch; some power had left Him (Luke 8:45-46).
- Woman confesses she touched Jesus’ robe and why she did it (Luke 8:47).
- Jesus praises her faith. “Your faith has healed you. Go in peace” (Luke 8:48).
- People come to tell Jesus, “Jairus’s daughter is now dead” (Luke 8:49).
- Jesus tells Jairus to believe as he keeps going and heals Jairus’s daughter Luke 8:50-56).
- Jairus’s daughter was healed even though Jesus was interrupted by the bleeding woman.
- Both miracles occurred because of someone in need, their faith and action, and Jesus’ desire to help.
- The bleeding woman would not be denied her miracle. She crawled to Jesus.
- She did/would do whatever it took to receive the miracle/blessing.
- Her faith overpowered her fears.
If we are truly called/anointed we must be willing to sacrifice/serve/lead on God’s terms, not ours. We all must submit to the authority of God’s ministerial terms.