Sermon: “Weird, Because Normal Is Not Working!” Part 1
“Weird, Because Normal Is Not Working!” Part 1
- Massive individual debt
- Dis-functional marriages/relationships
- Truth is relative
- Theological/religious concepts are more important than abundance
- Be careful how you live (Ephesians 5:15).
- Make the most of every opportunity (Ephesians 5:16).
- Don’t be foolish but understand what the Lord’s will for your life is (Ephesians 5:17).
Craig Groeschel’s “Weird, Because Normal Isn’t Working”
We must become weird in our lives & faith journey because normal simply is not working!”
Five Areas of Weirdness
Time: Most of us “kill time” in belief that by staying busy our lives will have value, meaning and success.
- 2 Peter 1:3
- Ephesians 5:15
- Matthew 11:28-30
- Exodus 20:9-10
We must become “weird with our time” in order to not be entrapped by the words and teaching of “busyness”. We must remain focused on how the Bible calls us to live and be obedient to His callings and commands. We must come to understand His Word, Will and Way and be obedient to it. If we are in alignment with God’s Word, Will and Way the world will see us as being “weird”. Are you willing to be weird for God? Are you willing to be weird for your faith? If so, get ready for powerful changes in the way you look at life; through God’s eyes!