Sermon: “Weird, Because Normal Is Not Working!” Part 4: “Sex”
Scripture: Matthew 19:4-6
“Weird, Because Normal Is Not Working”
Part IV: “Sex”
- He, who made them (God) sets the standards and rules.
- Made them male and female. They can become one; One flesh, one mind, one direction.
- Man leaves father, female leaves mother to be joined as husband and wife.
- The two come together to become one flesh. Unified in the eyes/plan of God.
- Therefore, don’t mess up God’s plan for this relationship and God’s gift of sex.
God created sex and marriage / family to keep us intimately together as in no other relationship. It was never designed to keep us apart or estranged. Sex is only good and proper when used within the boundaries of God’s plan for His creation! The world will view such statements as really weird because the world teaches a completely different story:
- If it feels good…Do it!
- Can’t be wrong, everyones doing it!
- I want to try out the merchandise first… Lets see if it works!
- It’s cheaper to live together than to get married… Marriage is so old fashioned!
God teaches differently. He expects us to be WEIRD!
Sex and marriage are not the same.
- Sex is a huge deal. God has plans for us. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- God wants us to become one flesh. (Genesis 2:21-25)
- Everything counts in sexual relationships. (1 Corinthians 6:13)
- Experimentation is always dangerous. (Romans 1:26-27)
- We weren’t born for porn. (Mathew 5:27-28)
- Some willingly choose disobedience and sin. (James 1:15)
- Modesty is cooler than being hot! (Proverbs 31:30)
Sex, marriage and family are gifts from God designed for married couples to become / remain as one in God’s eye. Such a relationship is endorsed by God as His plan for a man and woman to relate to each other in this life. To follow God’s plan is usually considered weird!