Sermon: “Total Surrender”
Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6
1. Many people want the blessings of God without desiring to submit all of themselves to God.
- Exodus 20:3
- Deuteronomy 6:4
2. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
- Matthew 12:25-26
- We cannot be children of God, or children of the light, and children of Satan, or of the darkness at the same time. Our hearts cannot be divided or we will not live.
- If our heart is divided between God and the things of this world, we will not live; we will be destroyed when the “Day of Judgment” comes.
3. What kind of worshipers does God seek?
- John 4:23-24
- The kind of worshipers God seeks are ones who are whole-heartedly devoted to Him; those who worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
- God desires the kind of worshipers who will surrender their entire lives; their entire hearts, their entire minds, their entire souls – everything they are in their entire being – to God.
- That means we must desire the things of God and seek first His kingdom, while at the same time desire to rid ourselves of the sinful nature, and to stop desiring the worldly things that are in opposition to God.
- Despite what the world thinks in our culture, submission is NOT a dirty word.
- We must totally, completely, and whole-heartedly surrender, or submit, our lives to Christ in order to truly be free from the effects of sin and death.
- Proverbs 3:5-6