Sermon: “50 Reasons Why Christ Suffered and Died” Part III
Scripture: John 6:47-51
“50 Reasons Why Christ Suffered and Died”
- To reconcile us to God. (Romans 5:10)
- To bring us to God. (Ephesians 2:13)
- So that we might belong to Him. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- To give us confident access to the Holiest place. (Hebrews 10:19)
- To become for us the place where we meet God. (John 2:19-21)
- To bring the Old Testament Priesthood to an end and become the eternal High Priest.
- To become a sympathetic and helpful priest. (Hebrews 4:15-16)
- To free us from the futility of our ancestry. (2 Peter 1:18-19)
- To free us from the slavery of sin. (Revelations 1:5-6)
- That we might die to sin and live to righteousness. (1 Peter 2:24)
Only our God could love His creation so much to give up His son’s life, for death on a cross, to save you and me from the justice we deserve; hell. This Easter season, perhaps we can all start to understand God’s love and appreciate His grace filled, mercy and forgiveness driven eternal salvation plan? What a joy Easter could be if all of God’s people celebrated the Savior and the salvation plan!