Skip to content
Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World – Part 3
Scripture: Matthew 24:4-14
“Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World”
Part 3: “Toxic Influences”
- Mood Poisoning: Purging the false promises of materialism.
- Exchanging God’s truths for materialism’s lies; false security. (Romans 1:25)
- Know the truth and it will set you free. (John 8:32)
- Cannot server both God and money. (Matthew 6:24)
- God gives us everything we need for a Godly life. (2 Peter 1:3)
- Germ Warfare: Cleansing our lives of cultural toxins.
- Get rid of the old yeast / contamination and misleading lies. (1 Corinthians 5:6-7)
- Don’t conform to the world; transform in alignment with God. (Romans 12:2)
- Be Holy in your living because God is Holy; this is a command! (1 Peter 1:16)
- Radioactive Relationships: Loving unhealthy people without getting sick yourself!
- Bad company corrupts good character. (1 Corinthians 15:33)
- Cut toxic relationships. (Acts 15, Deuteronomy 7, 2 Corinthians 6:14)
- Choose your friends carefully; are they aligned with God? (Proverbs 12:26)
- Religion Gone Bad: Tossing out legalism, spoiled churches and sour Christians.
- Don’t destroy life; live life to the fullest in Christ. (John 10:10)
- Story of the Pharisee and tax collector. Judgmentalism and self-righteousness. The humanity of the tax collector as a sinner exalted him in God’s eyes. (Luke 18:10-14)
Sometimes Christian love must be tough love, but it is God’s love none-the-less; a love designed to bring the lost home to Jesus and all of us to grow in relationship with God! Which side will you choose to follow? The world’s plan of lies and deceit or God’s plan of love, grace, mercy forgiveness and salvation? Can we come together and love each other as Christ first loved us? Come today, detox your soul and rejoin God in Holy living, clean living, total and entire sanctification!