Evangelism and Second Chance Ministries
“Evangelism and a Second Chance Church“
How do we recognize those who need evangelism?
Who are the real addicts of the world in desperate need of a second chance ministry?
We can recognize them by:
- Those who won’t face the facts. (John 8:34)
- Doubt that healing is possible. (Romans 8:2)
- Sin is a chronic condition based upon conscious choice. (Romans 1:24-25)
- Have trouble with repentance and Biblical change. (Matthew 5:29)
- Difficulty in forgiving and obeying God. (Romans 6:12-14)
- Doubts, faith problems and issues. (James 5:19-20)
If the addicts of the world are to be evangelized, who then are the addicts of the world? We are addicts of the world! We are addicted to pride, stuff and put many things before God. As we evangelize others we need to first evangelize ourselves. Are we willing to repent, overcome our pride and become obedient to God’s callings and commands?
Until we totally align ourselves with God we remain the second chance people of this church and God’s family. We are no better or worse than any addict in the eyes of God because we are still living like one. We too are still sinners and need a second chance to stay aligned with God. We need God’s grace and mercy. We need second chance ministries. We need forgiveness.
Evangelism and forgiveness work together as part of God’s salvation plan so all may be saved. Evangelism is God’s method of growing His church, His people and the fellowship of believers in the community.