What We Believe: Part 4 – Salvation
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
What We Believe: Part IV – Salvation
We see salvation composed of seven layers of understanding.
- God’s love. (John 3:16)
- Christ’s sacrifice. (Acts 4:12)
- New life in Christ. (John 1:12-13)
- Justification in Christ. (Romans 4:2-5)
- Adoption in Christ. (Romans 8:15-17)
- Entire Sanctification by Christ through the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8)
- Restoration. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
Paul’s Seven Attributes or Truths of Salvation:
- All people have knowledge of God. We have no excuses. (Romans 1:8)
- All people reject God; we are all sinners, lost, deserving of hell. (Romans 1:21)
- All people are guilty before God; no truly righteous people, only sinners. (Romans 3:10-12)
- All people are condemned for rejecting God. The law makes us conscious of sin. (Romans 3:20)
- God, in His love for us has made a way of Salvation for the lost. (Romans 3:21-22)
- People cannot come to God apart from faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:27-31)
- Christ commands the church to make the Gospel known to all. (Romans 10:13-15)
God sends His servants..
They preach and teach the Good News..
Hearers believe through the work of the Holy Spirit..
Believers call upon God for grace, mercy, forgiveness and ask him into their hearts..
and everyone who truly calls is saved!
Whatever your level of understanding, meaning, commitment, desire to know Jesus, He desires to know you!