Being a Christian atheist condemns us to spiritual & earthly failure.
Are you a recovering Christian?
Scripture: Matthew 7:24-29
“Christian Atheist: Do We Really Believe in God?”
Part I: “Relationships”
Signs of a Christian Atheist:
- 1) When you believe in God but don’t really know him.
- a) Believing vs. knowing (40 years of marriage).
- b) Not knowing God (I John 2:3-4).
- c) Not knowing God well (Galatians 4:8-9).
- d) Knowing God intimately (Psalms 63:1-4).
- 2) When you believe in God but are ashamed of your past.
- a) The enemy of shame (Skeletons in the closet).
- b) Finding a way out (Romans 8:38-39).
- c) Breaking the shackles of shame (Psalms 51:1-2).
- d) Changing your future (II Corinthians 5:17).
- 3) When you believe in God but aren’t sure He loves you.
- a) God’s love is undeserved (Job 42:5-6).
- b) Love from above (Luke 15:20).
- c) Covered with love (I Peter 4:8).
- d) Love’s appraisal (Jeremiah 29:11).
Dare to claim God’s truth!
We are God’s creation, created in love by the God of love.
Where are we in our journey towards Christ?
Do we want to be in a loving relationship with Him?
When we are in a relationship with Him, we matter as part of God’s family & perfect creation.
When aligned with God
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.