Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
What We Believe: Part IV – Salvation
We see salvation composed of seven layers of understanding.
- God’s love. (John 3:16)
- Christ’s sacrifice. (Acts 4:12)
- New life in Christ. (John 1:12-13)
- Justification in Christ. (Romans 4:2-5)
- Adoption in Christ. (Romans 8:15-17)
- Entire Sanctification by Christ through the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8)
- Restoration. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
Paul’s Seven Attributes or Truths of Salvation:
- All people have knowledge of God. We have no excuses. (Romans 1:8)
- All people reject God; we are all sinners, lost, deserving of hell. (Romans 1:21)
- All people are guilty before God; no truly righteous people, only sinners. (Romans 3:10-12)
- All people are condemned for rejecting God. The law makes us conscious of sin. (Romans 3:20)
- God, in His love for us has made a way of Salvation for the lost. (Romans 3:21-22)
- People cannot come to God apart from faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:27-31)
- Christ commands the church to make the Gospel known to all. (Romans 10:13-15)
God sends His servants..
They preach and teach the Good News..
Hearers believe through the work of the Holy Spirit..
Believers call upon God for grace, mercy, forgiveness and ask him into their hearts..
and everyone who truly calls is saved!
Whatever your level of understanding, meaning, commitment, desire to know Jesus, He desires to know you!
Scripture: 2 Peter 1:16-21
“What We Believe – Part 2:
The Authority of Scripture”
The Authority of Scripture
- It is God’s written word; God’s commands we are to obey. (Psalm 19:7-11)
- It is inspired by the Holy Spirit. (John 14:26)
- It is the unerring witness to Jesus Christ, the living word. (John 17:7)
- It is the trustworthy record of God’s revelation, completely true. (John 14:16-17)
- It has been preserved and proves itself in human exposure.
- Human authors moved by God in common languages. (Romans 15:4)
- Illuminated by the Holy Spirit’s work and God’s teachings. (Romans 15:13)
- Has authority over Human life. (1 John 2:2-6)
- Teaches truth about God, Jesus, creation, people and destiny of all mankind, salvation and faith. (Hebrews 4:12)
- What’s not in the Bible is not necessary. (Matthew 5:17-18)