Scripture: John 1:1-14
“So Who Is This Jesus?”
Do we really know who Jesus, the child in the manger, is?
- Jesus is the word; Jesus was God and He was with God in the beginning (John 1:1-2).
- Through Him all things were made. In Him was light and the light of the world. The light shines in the world and for the darkness, but the darkness does not understand (John 1:3-5).
- John the Baptist was sent to announce the light. John was not the light; only Jesus was the light for all creations’ darkness (John 1:6-9).
- He came into the world He created but was rejected by His creation. Those who received Him in faith become the children of god. Those who did not receive Him in faith became the lost (John 1:10-13).
- The word became flesh and lived among us so we could see and learn about the glory of God through grace and truth in faith by Christ (John 1:14).
God showed us His love by giving the greatest gift of all, His son Jesus Christ, to be the foundation of His salvation plan for all mankind. If we have true faith combined with the natural fruits of the true faith and complete and total belief that Christ is our Lord and Savior, then we have the promise of eternal life in His heavenly kingdom. Christmas is really the beginning of Easter; the sacrificial lamb is born today! God’s gracious and merciful salvation plan for all mankind starts today with the birth of Jesus. Are we ready, willing and able to accept the greatest gift of love ever known to mankind?